At a Glance
COMPANY Symmetry. The Pain Relief Clinic
|2575 East Bidwell, Ste. 260||1804 Cable St., Ste. B|
|Folsom, CA 95630||San Diego, CA 92107|
|(916) 467-7764||(858) 204-9782|
TOLL FREE- 877. SET.ME.STR8 (738.6378)
1997; first clinic opened in Del Mar, CA; Symmetry has relocated to Ocean Beach and Sacramento, CA.
National statistics show that more than 85 million people suffer from some type of body pain, costing employers nearly 200 billion a year and resulting in health care costs equal to one-sixth of the nation’s budget. Symmetry was formed to meet the needs of today’s society in curing body pain. Symmetry is defined as a fully integrated, multi-disciplinary clinic, specializing in restoring optimal structural and muscular function to the human body. Symmetry does this by assessing and revealing muscular weaknesses and imbalances, and creating specific therapeutic exercises that address individual needs. Symmetry does this without using drugs, surgery, chiropractic manipulation or equipment.
Anyone suffering from chronic pain. Symmetry’s clients include professional athletes, collegiate athletes, amateur athletes, corporate business professionals, doctors, nurses, teachers, retirees, and homemakers.
TYPES OF PAIN TREATED:
Chronic pain, back pain (herniations, bulging discs), sciatica, scoliosis, neck pain, headaches and migraines, joint and injury pain, arthritis, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, TMJ, Bursitis, Tendonitis, Fibromyalgia, shoulder pain, knee pain, hip pain, etc.
ACHIEVEMENTS & AFFILIATIONS:
- Patrick Mummy, author of the book, Symmetry: Relieve Pain and Optimize Physical Motion.
- Patrick Mummy, a nominee to the International Who’s Who of Professionals.
- Patrick Mummy, awarded US patent for the “Symmetry” software system.
- Invited as guest speaker to the SWIS (Society of Wellness Integrative Specialists) Convention, Toronto, Canada
- Sponsorships include the Leukemia Society Marathon, Easter Seals Annual Wine & Cheese Event, American Cancer Society’s Jim Laslavic Golf Tournament.
- CEU (Continuing Education) provider for the American Council of Exercise (ACE), National Certification Board of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) and the California Board of Acupuncture.
- Nominated to Henry’s Marketplace Health Advisory Board, an expert panel of practitioners and clinicians.
WHY SYMMETRY WAS FOUNDED:
- Chronic pain accounts for one-fourth of workdays lost, increased healthcare utilization, increased disability and workers’ compensation costs, costs of litigation and social policy, and the disruption of family and social functions (New York Public Health Council Report, 1998).
- Workers’ compensation costs rank among the top five problems facing US businesses (US Chamber of Commerce, 1999).
- Annually, US businesses spent $42.5 billion for workers’ compensation claims, $3 billion in lost wages, and $125 billion for work-related injuries (National Safety Council, 1999).
- Annually, more than 600,000 Americans suffer from work-related musculoskeletal disorders. Repetitive-stress injuries are one of the major sources of physical pain and disability in offices and factories around the country (OSHA, 1999).
- Back pain is the single most common repetitive stress injury in the workplace. It is the Number One cause of work-related disability, costing, on average, $8,400 per employee per annum (Bureau of Labor Statistics, 1999).
- 85%-90% of chronic back pain is due to muscular imbalances (Alon P. Winnie, MD and Diplomat of the American Board of Anesthesiology).
- One out of every three American suffers from chronic pain (American Pain Society, 1999).
- These individuals report decreased ability to perform, concentrate, exercise, socialize, sleep, relax, perform chores, and experience normal sexual activities.
- 40% of chronic pain sufferers never find adequate relief.
- 62% of those who do find relief experience a recurrence within one year.
- One million back surgeries are performed each year. The average cost per surgery is $40,000-$60,000, not including related hospital and drug costs.
To provide a non-invasive, non-medicated HOME-MANAGED treatment intervention that restores and maintains musculoskeletal strength and integrity, and eliminates pain for the LONG-TERM! In other words, you CAN help your self, you just need to know how to do it!